of this blogg that is ;)
I have roamed maybe half a year on another portal, and just didn't feel it. So, when I needed a baby-blogg (well, need and need *eyeroll*) I came here.
I will mainly blogg about my baby thoughts, but of course I'll go OT more than a few times and there will probably be mentionings of the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, various people from the lexily, other happenings in my life and such. If a part contains many #¤%&, I'm talking about my job :)
The Twilight saga is also the reason my hubby is called a werewolf, since he has the exact personality traits of the hunkiest werewolf in the saga, Jacob Black. Those books spooked me quite a lot when I first started reading Eclipse in October last fall. Yeah, I started with book 3, Misty believes it's the reason I particularly dislike the 'obvious' hero of the books, Mr. Edward Cullen... I don't know, I still think Jacob being exactly like my D plays a pretty big part. I'm not the girl to fall for pretty talk and nice gestures, I need to be literally swept of my feet. D did that, and well, I don't think Jacob would have a problem with it either. They both share the opinion that you're not more fragile just because you're a girl, that you can still fight your own fights. OK, twilight-rant over ;)
Puppy talk:
I tested positive the first time as me and my hubby was moving his stuff back home from where he was studying.
On the ferry back home (Sunday) I 'had' to take the test, though it was still another day before, well, you know, my monthly friend. It came up negative, as always before. I laid it aside an finished up my business in the minimal little boot. Then something in the perifial vision caught my eye... from a certain angle, wasn't there a shadow of a vertical line? I sat there for another 5 minutes, twisting the poor stick back and forth. trying to decide whether or not it was another line underneath the horizontal one.
In the end, I discarded the test, being none the wiser but filled with hope, having decided that if my 'friend' hadn't arrived by then, I'd test again Tuesday morning.
Monday came and went, no 'friends'... I was giddy as a kid on Christmas, waiting for Santa. Had the hardest time falling asleep. I didn't tell my hubby, since I wanted to spare him the insanity that comes along with having fertility problems (I've done this before you see, in another life, before I met him) and also, I wanted to surprise him. Still, I wasn't doing this alone. There was someone holding my hand, even if it was just virtualy, and she was also the first to know the outcome of the following mornings test.
Tuesday morning began early, since I had aqua-gymnastics at 6:30AM, and had decided to take my test at the bath-house, because no matter the outcome, I would cry. Tears don't show in water. I took the test and set it aside, not daring to look away from it, though I had no idea how quick or slow a positive line would show. Turns out, pretty fast... I just sat there, cursing my phone for not having a camera :)
I told my husband the same night, maybe I'll tell you about that some other time ;) He was happy, we were trying, I had been on the first kind of meds they try on people with PCO (Poly Cystical Ovaries, if you don't know what it is, google is your friend), since December.
Afterwards, when it had sunk in, we were both astounded that it had been so easy. Neither of us had believed that the first meds would work, it was just a step you had to take to get to the heavy stuff. We were both prepared to be trying over a year with different treatments before it would succeed. No one is happier than us that we were proved wrong. We are very fertile, as long as my body works as it should.
So far, due date is November 1st, but thinking of family history, I'm having an October-baby. I was one week early, and he was two. And either my baby needs to be almost a month early or four days late. 'Cos baby needs to be born the 5th... it's the ultimate date of birth ;) Both me, mom, grandma, my niece and my nephew (and another little precious charge) share that date, though in different months. My hubby is arguing that the 25th is also a very fine day, but he's bias :)
For kicks, I have heard the heartbeats last week, strong and steady, and 1st of June is the ultrasound. I promise, there will be pictures!
I think that'll be all for now, I'll tell you more about my early pregnancy another time, and of course about how it is now.
Oooh, great first post :)
ReplyDeleteand you're soooo right about Jake lol.
Can't wait to hear more, will add you to my blog feeds :)
Becca/ pack-hussy
Ahhh loved the post :) I get so excited for you! I know how much you have been wanting this and I coudln't be more thrilled for you!!! Wooohooo :)
ReplyDeleteMegs/Razzle Dazzle