Monday, May 11, 2009

health check

Today I had an appointment with the company's health-care company, to see a health-care'er or whatever it might be called in English. She's not a nurse, but something in that direction.
It was kinda fun, I was really looking forward to see what the tests would say, they were great the last time we had check-ups 2 years ago. But now I'm pregnant...
My results were still great! Sugar levels below minimum, same for liver value, I had almost no fat in my bloodstream, which apparently was a bit extraordinary (especially since I have quite a bit on the outside) and my cholesterol was also really low. The one thing that was high (for being me) was hemoglobin which was 136. Blood pressure was 115/55, she said it was great, on the lower side but great. Last baby-check I had 105/60, so one is higher and one lower.

Puppy talk...
After Maria's comment yesterday, I returned to my forums to check up a bit. Just 'cos I'm sure I've read that it isn't uncommon to feel the baby at the end of week 15. I checked a few and they were consistent that you can feel the baby from beginning of week 14 but there's nothing strange about not feeling it before week 22 either. They also said that re-birthers usually felt their babies earlier than newbies.

I'm sure of what I felt, then I don't know if it was the baby itself or the cord, but it was a movement inside my belly caused by, or caused as a reaction on a movement by my little pup. I'm used to pain and exercise (and I actually love to do sit-ups) so I have pretty good knowledge about the stuff my body does. I have felt flutters, like from butterfly wings, for a while, but I think that's from my pulse against the placenta or something like that, because it usually corresponds with me feeling my blood pumping a bit deeper in too.

I got a book from D's mom yesterday, "A child is made", a Swedish book that was state of the art when it was new (aka 1976...) but it felt really obsolete now... I need to go find myself a better book, they know so much more now than they did then. Like, a preggie-test could be done the earliest 14 days AFTER the period should have come... he he, things have changed. It also said a lot of things about mom's and dad's that were the way they were then, but that we kinda look down on today. The painkilling methods I had to laugh at. Well, not the methods themself, some still remain, but the use of them.

And the mothers and the babies are not allowed to sleep together. All babies in one room so that the nurses can take care of them easier. No need to even try to nurse the baby until at least 4 hours have passed after delivery, you won't have any milk anyway and so on and so on...
So much directly contradicted what you read everywhere today. Then, some stuff were exactly alike (well, the part that you give birth in the end obviously) and it was kinda funny to read, but not much of use, if you understand what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment