Today was a good day (so was yesterday, but then I had too much to do to even look at the computer) even though I started work at 6AM, or maybe because? All quiet, peaceful, no one bothering you as you work. I was sorting stuff, so I really appreciated that there was no one around to distract me. When the first of the others came at around 7, I was done with the worst part, and it didn't matter that people were talking around me.
The nemesis did her usual gig and arrived at 9, and we didn't have no work by then, so I could send her away. She was still in hearing range (would have to send her out of the building to stop that I think...) but at least she wasn't straight across the table. It was pushing lunch break before she got back to our side, and after lunch there were only 2 more hours to go *YAY*
It felt good to do the crappy work I did this morning, because it's been waiting to be done for 5 months now, ever since we moved our little department from our previous spot.
And to top it of, the one who's been on sick-leave texted me asking "If I try to come to work on Monday, what will you have me do?" I answered she'd get to do the sorting, some low knee-bends, climbing, lift of big T, poking C with a stick... and then told her what her chore was =) I hope she comes, we've missed her.
Puppy (mothers day) talk...
I don't really know why, but D asked me to open my mothers day gift today instead of on Sunday. He said it was so I could check it was right, but come on, the store will be open on Monday, I'm sure of it. Anyways, I'm a big child, I love getting pressies...
When he apologized for ruining my fun, I was literally jumping up and down where I stood =) even though I knew what I would get... Pointing and saying "I want that." is always appreciated when hub's is buying presents.
So, I unwrap it and it is a pregnancy chime as I had asked for. For reference, I adore the chime of bells, I have a few on my key-chain, and people say I sound like one of Santa's reindeers when I carry them in my pocket. So, I had hoped to get a pretty green one, or maybe pink, wasn't really a big deal as long as it was "me"...
I open the little box that was inside the wrapping and there is a silver ball, on a ugly chain. OK, he did his best, now keep up appearance! Then I rattled the ball... there was no chime, but a clatter? A dull sound, as if you were holding a bell while shacking it. Need I say I was disappointed? Then he tells me it was the only one in the store with a chime in... *SIGH* I also noticed that he had used another store than the one I had told him to use (which do sell colored ones...) and as I was twisting the ball, trying to find a way out of it all, I notice it had a flat spot on one side. I asked him if he though it should be there, and he said "No, I don't. And with what that cost, there shouldn't be any imperfections!" Oh, joy. Now I felt even worse for disliking it.
Trotting off to the jeweler, I was feeling very uneasy. Although stores in Finland are obligated to let you return bought goods within a certain time period, I always end up getting people who makes you fight for any little justice.
D showed me the other balls in the display, just as boring and plain, but also a bigger and a smaller one. The girl let us see them, and when I struck the big ball, the softest chiming tone came out. I rattled the little one, and a not as perfect, but still beautiful tone rang clear. I rattled the same-sized one, and it was better than the one I had been gifted, but still dull. I also felt like the smaller ball was more to my liking, and easier to carry underneath my clothes. The chain had been a bit short, and amongst the longest chains, there were no big looped fancy chains like the one they had sold my poor D the first time around (it's fashion with big loops in the chains...) only ordinary plain ones. I like those. So, in the end it came out good, I'm happy with my chime (and can make baby hate bells before shim is even born) and there wasn't much of a fuzz. I would still love to have this one, but nothing stops me from buying it for myself later on.
D is fascinated that my heartbeat is so much louder now than before (well, I am pumping for two...) but he couldn't hear the baby's yet. He could though hear what one usually hear when listening to my tummy,my bowl, it growls =) always... I thought it was hilarious when I did my green dragon tattoo, because it started grumbling really, really loud just when the artist was done with the head.
Now my next decoration will be another snowflake, I wonder how my dragon pup's flake will turn out, I never know... I can google pictures all I want, but until I know the child, I can never pick.
No comments:
Post a Comment