the nurses appointment went OK, for all but one issue.
Blood pressure on both me and pup was the normal 110/70 and 140
HB level 116
SF measurement 35 (not sure if it's the same in Eng, so it's how high my womb is, 13,8 inches)
Pup has shim's head down but it's still movable
The nurse wrote me a prescription for acupuncture, so I tottered over to the delivery ward and booked the time (they're the ones who perform it). Hopefully it'll work and starting Monday my numbing and aching arms will be just a bad memory.
Only problem was/is my weight. I'm seriously depressed by this. I've gained almost 6 kilos (12 pounds) since the last appointment not 4 weeks ago. I'm honestly shell-shocked. It doesn't feel in my body like I've gained more than before. So now I broke the top weight I thought I'd keep under, 3 weeks before estimated birth. I could have 5 freaking weeks left, I'll be way past hippopotamus and a full-on elephant by then!
I guess gaining too much weight is considered one of the "better" side effects of pregnancy, but honestly... When you give birth the pains usually stop, but you don't loose 30 kilos/60 pounds at birth. And if you would, then I wouldn't wanna be the one to pop that kid out.
FUCK! Excuse the language, but that's just how it feels right now.
I don't feel like I deserve this. I've been training 4-5 times a week, even if it's just aquagym and yoga, it should do some good, shouldn't it? I mean, I gained this much during my summer vacation, but then we had the wedding party and were eating party-food leftovers for weeks. And there were NO training whatsoever. So then I could totally understand it. It was unnecessary but fair enough.
I know I've let myself go a little, allowing treats a bit too often, but not this much...
I made myself go for a long walk before the evening aquagym (yeah, I had one class this morning as well) and it was a 1 hour pity-party. Me, myself and I walked and moped and beat myself up really good mentally. Almost at the pool I met F, my former assistant coach (now head-coach for "our" kids) and we talked for just a minute or two, but it was good. It snapped my head out of the mopey run it was on. I still felt awful, but at least I wasn't at the verge of tears anymore. And there was no risk of that 17 year-old boy would ever ask me about the pregnancy.
KRAMAR DIG! /Nevadita
ReplyDelete