Sunday, September 13, 2009

the shopping trip & the balcony

Yesterday we went to Sweden to do some shopping for the pup and for the balcony.

Day started nice, my aunt was on the ferry as well, and saw some other people I haven't seen in ages. Well, I guess it wasn't much, but I didn't have high demands since I had been awake since 3:30am (thanks pup...)

First out we went to the grocery store, and shopped diapers, thermometer, soda and some magazines (preggie-mags are the double price here). Then we went to check out the place where D wanted to shop for the balcony. Turned out, it wasn't the one he remembered, and he still don't know which that was *lol* but we found a foam mattress, a down cover, a down pillow (all for the pup) and an egg clock (I killed the old one) for about 35€

Then we went next doors. Found flooring for 1,5€ a piece, pieces being 30x30cm, wood on top of plastic net that you can click-connect so they hold together. But they only had the testers left, and they were awfully scratched, so we decided to ponder that one while we did the rest of the shopping.

In to the city, and after sweeping the fashion stores (Mixit,HM, KappAhl, Lindex) for nursing bras and bikinis, I left with a black sequined top, perfect for the company-party on Saturday.
On our way to lunch I shopped some balls for my tragus (my piercing in the flap "inside" the ear)
Lunch was sushi and it was YUMMY!!!

Afterwards we crossed the street to the baby store and checked out Emmaljunga's Quadrolift but it seemed a bit much for our needs. I think I'll try to find a cheap soft lift, or a used one, or maybe even sew one myself. I mainly want one since the pram will be standing in the stairs because we don't have a hallway. It was worth the look though. Also picked up a free babybox, containing a diaper-bucket, some diapers and a whole bunch of commercial crap.

Now we left town, headed towards Thun's, or so we though at least... Long story short, never use Eniro's travel directions. We got lost, and lost about 45 minutes of time so we didn't make it to Thun's before they closed for the day.
Meaning we headed straight for Uppsala. And missed our turn-off... but we found our way back from the next one instead. They've re-built all of the roads since I was there last, but since Ikea was in the same place as ever, we found our way there without further ado.

We picked up the baby changing station (seriously, that's how they translate it on all signs here) and a little dresser to put pup's clothes in. I'll paint it white once I stop working.

Then to the mall (Gränby Centrum) for dinner and some more shopping. I found a nursing bra I liked, finally! I had all but given up, trying to come to terms with the fact that I'd have to use the un-comfy ones from KappAhl that let my ladies dangle all but free, when I stepped in to Twilfit. It fitted like a dream, was only 199kr and to top it off, the cashier told me they had 50kr off on nursing bras that day.
D found a PS3 game he wanted, and we realized how equal we are, but our unnecessary items (my sequin top and his game) cost the same.

On our way through the day, we had decided to go for the scratched flooring anyway. It was too cheap to deny, and we realized that after a summer with pup any floor would look like that anyway. The decision was to see if we made it back to the store before 6pm. We didn't know when they closed, but we were hoping.
6:05 we stood outside a very dark and closed Rusta, that had been that way for 2 hours, closed at 4pm on Saturdays. Good thing we didn't stress. The training equipment in the pic D bought our first time there. My man is getting in shape =P

So we just went down to the dock, waiting for the ferry. I was exhausted, could have snoozed all the way home if it had only been allowed.

But on the pro side, I got a lot of sleep when we finally got home. Went to bed about 10:30, and didn't wake up to pee before around 7am, and then I got back to sleep until past 10... thanks pup, I appreciate it! So I had some energy today =)


Today I washed the windows on the balcony. It was badly needed, as you can see.I think this one shows it even better... They have never been washed since I've been waiting for us to renovate first, but now I've had it. I mean, it has to get done before it gets too cold outside. No fun washing windows when it's so cold the water freezes on the window before you can scrape it away. That's how it was when we moved D out of the Turku apartment the weekend before pup was confirmed to exist...

I also washed the floor. Cheezes, that place hoards road dust worse than I hoard chocolate...And the final corner, or well, right outside the door.

I mostly took these pictures to have as comparison when the renovation is done. D's going back to Sweden Tuesday to pick up the flooring, and the walls will get some white color. The hideous fence under the windows will get covered with wooden panels, what color we have yet to decide. It's between white and the same dark brown that surrounds all windows. The floor will be dark by the way, so maybe we'll need the panels to be white to not get a depressing and dark feeling.

1 comment:

  1. You do know that cleaning like that is called "nesting"... and it's what preggos do in the couple weeks before they pop! Good thing, too, because you won't have time to do that for like a year after the dragopup arrives.

    ReplyDelete