Friday, February 04, 2011

watching a movie

I know I've been bad at updating.
The truth of the matter is, I have nothing to write.
Pup evolves, of course, and right now I'm too tired to appreciate it, or encourage it.

tonight I'm finally watching a movie I ordered before x-mas, I had wanted to watch it during one of my pup-less nights. Because they messed up and shipped it, I received it after x-mas, and haven't found  the energy to watch it, because it seemed like a "high maintenance" movie. And it is. It requires concentration, not that I have much of that now either, but it's been bugging me that I haven't seen it.
The vulnerability of Dren as a newborn infant reminds me of pup (of course, I'm a mom) and of course all these references to her growing up so fast don't exactly ease my pain.
I'm not so sure I'll be able to sleep when I'm done watching, but if my thoughts keep haunting me, I know a sure remedy. I'll just pick up at pup, change his diaper and then keep him beside me in my bed. Nothing eases a worried mind like the smell of pup in your nose (though it has a tendency to give stiff shoulders...)

No comments:

Post a Comment