Sunday, February 13, 2011

it's sunny, WEAR SHADES!!!

 I marvel at those who say small kids don't need shades, they're not supposed to be out in the sun during summer, and sit in the shadow in the stroller. GAH! My eyes hurt when the sunlight reflects of the new fallen snow. What will it not do to my sons eyes that has not been exposed to this amount of light ever before? Damage I tell you, damage! Research say that kids have up to 80% higher sensibility to light in comparison to adults, much due to the fact that our eyes are used to it. So, even if your kid is in the "safety" of the stroller, put some shades on, the reflections from the snow will be right up their eyes.

All cool cats wear shades!
Pup wears them while riding the stroller/pram, riding the car and when we're outside playing in the snow. Does he leave them on? Not if I forget to put the security strap behind his head. Does he object to wearing them? No. I don't make him wear them just because, I make him wear them sunny days to protect his eyes.

We were joined in our sledge-madness by D's cousin A, she's 3,5 years older than pup, coming up on 5 years old in March. We started out with a "Dinosaur train", apparently a kids show on TV that she likes. I didn't block all of her face because she liked those shades so much =)

Back at the in-law's place, I pulled around A and pup on the same sledge, going down the little hill between the who driveways to the house. They both screamed with joy, and pup was riding with his tongue sticking out...

Today is his 1-year anniversary of him being puptized (baptized) and he got his very own bobby-car. Or well, I found it at a flea market yesterday and since I've been meaning to get him one for ages (they're sturdy and such) it seemed like a good idea. He's not loving it yet, but I think it has something to do with him not having time to sit around on cars, he wants to walk! Friday when I got home he was tottering around in the middle of the living room floor. Yesterday he didn't walk that much, but this morning, and the rest of the day... He's not steady, but he walks long passages now, without any fear ♥

And with a little support he even walks outside in the snow =)
wearing shades, of course ;)


but even more fun is riding the baby sledge down the snow-hills at granny's house. That's a winter's worth of snow for ya. From half of her driveway...

1 comment:

  1. Bra tänkt med brillorna! :D Här är vi inte ute såpass i soligt snölandskap, så tanken hade inte ens slagit mig, men visst: Tradera here I come! ;)

    ReplyDelete