So, the nupper-pupper got new shoes. Again. Brand new this time. We left this morning.and as we left the ferry I said to hubs "If we find him shoes, let's try and make it on the returning ferry". The returning ferry departed at noon (12:00 local time) and we had arrived a little past 9:30am, and was amongst the last cars of..
We knew where to go, to possibly find Kavat shoes (which is, besides the Finnish brand we found for his winter boots, the only ones to make shoes for chubby-feeted babies) so we had our heading.
And lo and behold. There were shoes of that brand. But of course we were a few weeks before the new spring shoes would arrive, so we had to make due with what they had left in their stock, which wasn't much. But we found one pair of shoes that were a size too big (in his actual size there was quite the variety, 3-4 pairs or something =) because he's not going to wear them just yet. They were red, but even D thought these were OK for a boy, and the sale price tag of 200 SEK wasn't bad either (normal price 450 SEK)
Then we swept the supermarket next doors, made a run down town to check for my winter boots (no luck there) and then we scurried of to the ferry. We made it just in the nick of time, and it was really nice to be home 3:30pm, instead of 10:30pm. Pup spent over an hour each ferry-ride walking and walking and walking.
We got more than just one look, and it think much was due to the "leash". He don't like holding hands, and he has a thing for stairs... He had more confidence walking with the harness on, and I think it's just good getting him used to wearing it in crowd situations, because he will have to later, I mean, he already shows all the early signs of being a runner... (runner = runs away)
this is the only pic I could find on the web, tomorrow I might post some of pup walking in it. Ours is all black though, it also has a strap to put between the two hooks as a leach..
Anyways, lots of people apparently have issues with "leashes" on kids. I truly believe they have been blessed not to have had runners. I bought mine for the little sissy who used to stay with me, because she chased trucks and lorry's! While they were driving! And she was an expert at wiggling her hand out of mine...


Vi har ju en av dina selar här förresten! Aron gillade inte läget riktigt med den... Får se om den behövs något framöver...
ReplyDeleteFina skor! De funkar absoluuut lika bra på kille som på tjej! Ska också skoshoppa till barna när våren kommer. Åhhh vad jag längtar! Frankrikeresan i April blir nog bra, där har dom fina kläder och skor. Får semesterlön innan... PERFEKT!
Kramis!
Jo, de är fina. Det synns inte riktigt, mend et ljusa på skon är liksom silver med facetter, så de lite "glittrar"
ReplyDeleteHoppas du hittar massor i frankrike! Vi skulle aldrig kunna handla skor åt Linus där, hans fötter är nästan för knubbiga för Kavat...
"Leashes" are really popular in the UK. I'm in 2 minds. Whilst the thought of my child on a "leash" isnt too appealing, it allows them freedom without straying too far and as long as it fits correctly is much more comfortable than holding hands.
ReplyDeleteI went to a museum once and they had an exhibit with two giant "parent hands" so you can see how a toddler feels suspended between the two parents - it wasnt comfy I can tell you!
I know how you feel Sarah. I don't really use it to restrict movement, only if necessary. With pup he took so long to start walking, that when he started he wanted to do it on his own. no hands! So, this is a good way, also, it seems to make people more aware of him and they don't walk so close. no leash and they almost bump into him though there's lots of room to the sides
ReplyDelete