Pup's been living the sweet life with his grandparents today, probably been so spoiled rotten he'll refuse to come home, and me and hubs went to Stockholm to shop. As we were childless, and had time to kill, I figured I'd check what tattoo parlors had drop-in. Turned out, one I've heard so much great stuff about, East Street Tattoo, had Fridays as drop-in day, when one or two guys were doing smaller projects.
Perfect for me who knows exactly what I want, and just wanna change artist.
We went there as soon as we came of the bus, it took a while but then we were there. The line inside reached the door, so we stayed outside. A car stopped, asking if it wasn't opened, and when we said "No, but it was a line right up to the door so we're waiting outside" he started almost bouncing. Turned out it was the owner =)
I got my time after a bit of discussion about the image, and the went to do the rest of our shopping since the appointment was at half past three, and this happened before 11. We found kids tattoos (rub-ons) that you could write the parents phone-numbers on, after visiting 2 stores we found a Teutonia all-weather protection, the last one in the city. Hubs found himself two pairs of jeans and a pair of Ecco shoes. We also had lunch at a chines/mongolian place that served one of the best sushi's I've ever had.
We went back to the studio in good time, chatted with the desk manager and waited. While waiting I borrowed their bathroom. GORGEOUS! Seriously, it was one of the nicest bathrooms I've ever been in, and I am including people's homes here...
But... then comes the artist taking care/tattooing todays drop-in's and asks where the flake should go. I show him, and he places the rub-off papper somewhere, I'm trying to show and explain and hub's helps him get it right.
The guy say it's like on the neck (it's partially in my hairline) and I say I know, that the plan is to eventually let it "ripple" down my shoulder, like a snowfall. He goes to the back room, again.
Then the desk manager calls me up, asking about the placement. D comes to help, and we show him, and the owner who's also at the front desk all of a sudden, where it's intended to go, they agree it's much more "back of the neck" than neck (we have to separate words for these in Swedish) and then tha manager say that they talked to the artist, and he's agreed to do it but the price is upped from 1200-1400 sek (with is costly but acceptable) to 1800 sek (this is what I payed for my green dragon. No way I'm putting that much money into a simple snowflake) and when this does not make me run away, there comes a weak explanation about not being able to do a good enough job because it's drop-in... Here I got a bit pissed, since when does how I get my appointment affect his tattooing skill...
All in all, he refused to tattoo me. I'm gonna wear it for life, and would prefer an artist that can't even tell a customer "I don't feel comfortable giving you a neck tattoo" but has to have another employee do it, he wins no points in my world. No matter if I go back there, that boy is never touching my skin with a needle
No comments:
Post a Comment