Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 30 - One last moment

When thinking of last moments, that's where I end up, at "last moments".

Like the moment when mom said "this is the point of no return, now we no longer have time to catch the returning ferry" and 5 minutes later they call from the hospital, dad's leaving...
Or the moment when I cuddled our last dachshund as the vet applied the needle which would end her misery after having had a brain hemorrhage a week earlier.
Or when my sister called me, waking me up as I slept in front of the TV, and almost before she could tell me about my aunt calling because grandma was leaving, I said "I know, they called me too" and not before I stood outside, waiting for her to pick me up on the way to the hospital it dawned on me that if theyy had called me, why was I asleep when my sister called...

And I think of all the last moments, that I didn't know where last moments, so I didn't store them properly and no longer remember them.

Like how I don't remember when I saw my grandma the last time, or the little sissy I used to care for. In both cases I know when I saw them last, but I have no recollection of my last moments with them, because I didn't know that was what it was.

2 comments:

  1. åh... :(

    gissa om jag desperat försöker hålla kvar minnesbilden av min sista stund med min älskade mormor... när jag kramade den lilla spröda fågelkroppen och viskade till henne att sova gott :(

    fan nu gråter ju jag!

    *kram*
    /Neva

    ReplyDelete