Friday, December 03, 2010

Day 09 – My faith

Oh my...

I'm Evangelic-Lutheran if you go by what's written in the papers, but for the most of the time I don't pay much heed to what the church says. Still I had my son baptized, and I got married in church, and mostly because I want to believe... I wish I could just buy the pre-made concept of heaven and hell, the one God and the lesser one. But I can't. For me, seeing really is believing, and I have too much trust issues to just lay my life in the hands of the Lord and hope it'll all turn out just peachy.

Nevertheless, I believe there is something greater than us all. Whether it be God, Aliens or something I can't imagine, it's fine by me. But I'd really like to know.
I have a huge fear of dying. Not because I'm afraid of where I'll end up, but because I fear I will not know what happens to my loved ones when I'm gone. If I knew I'd be able to stick around and watch until no one remembered me anymore, then I wouldn't fear it so. So what I fear is the unknown, and not so much the unknown for myself, but the un-knowledge about my beloved family and friends.

I do however have a hunch that people can stick around, at least a little. There is too much that can't be explained in that area. But I sure would like to know =)

2 comments:

  1. I am the EXACT Same about death! EXACTLY!!! I fear it and wish I could stick around too!! Although, I always said if there are spirits sticking around I never want to know about it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to worry only about things I can influence.. death and when it comes are not among those things... I can safely say that I don't worry about it too much.

    The church as an organisation, now there's something that scares me. So much power over people, I believe is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete