In a life there are so incredibly many firsts, some more noticeable than others. Some have been life-altering, but still I would never put them to print.Some have been totally meeh, but are probably still remembered just because of the high expectations.
Becoming a mom was a huge first, but I won't talk about all pup-firsts, since I touched them in a previous post.
a first that will always warm my heart is when the "who's still in college?" discussion over at the lex, in the gen-y thread derailed and we laid the foundation for the Café. The first I connected to was Lily, and then Misty, who made us all awesome badges, avies and banners to fit the theme.
I remember my first ever day at work, temping in the cleaning crew at the local hospital. My assignment was the basement (though it was in full use, no dark corners) and the one I'd be temping for kept talking about "the hotel" and after a while I believed I had figured it out (she spoke a bit funnily, and with an accent on top of that), that she said "the chapel" (hotell & kapell sounds pretty alike) but then I found out I had heard it right, it was hotel, and that was what they called the morgue...
No comments:
Post a Comment