I have like an itch in my body, I feel restless...
I wanna write, but has no inspiration whatsoever. I wanna read, but no books seem appealing...
I wanna see Eclipse in on a real theater and not just in a auditorium with a (old fashioned) projector. At the same time I'm not so sure I wanna see Eclipse at all...
Eclipse is my favorite book in the Twilight Saga. I admit much due to the fact it was my first. It's like your first love. You might find someone way better later on, but the first will always be the first...
Not that EC is a bad choice in any way. It made me wanna scream out loud in a crowded cafeteria when the heroine was being a dumb-ass, it made me cry basically the last quarter of the book. I cried so bad I got dehydrated (TRUE!) and was so angry at that stupid little girl for not seeing her fiancée for the controlling, manipulative, jealous douche bag that he was. I was dying to read Breaking Dawn, to know what happened, but made myself read Twilight and New Moon first, because I needed to understand her silly infatuation with him.
I am the first to admit that when it comes to the TW saga I'm a wolf-girl. All the way, down to the fury tip of their tails. But very much is Because of the second male lead, Jacob Black. As far as personalities go, he was a carbon-copy of my husband to be (found EC roughly 3 months before our wedding). I also saw so much of myself in Bella, therefor her choice was so, so wrong. How could she not see how wrong her choice was, why couldn't she rise above her bedazzlement with Edward's glittering vamp beauty (which was all she ever ranted about anyway) and choose a good, loving, living man instead?
Oh well, I got over it. And Jacob finally did get his happiness. Though I would ♥love♥ it if Stephenie Meyer would one day continue the saga, I don't care from who's perspective (but preferably Nessie or Leah!) I just wanna know that my carbon-copied husband get his happily ever after...
So, I fear that the movie will not meet my expectations even a little. Twilight I was still riding the high, it wasn't great, but that was OK, TW wasn't one of my fav books anyway. Everyone said NM was so much better, but I didn't get the chance to catch it on big screen. Lucky I didn't. I think NM was buttfucked violently. I fear the same will be done to EC. The only good part of NM was the wolf transformations, but the wolves themselves was a bit too... goofy if you know what I mean? And I hate that they replaced Sam and Embry from TW. And as much as I like tattoo's, WTF? Come on, that's just geeky.
OK, Twilight rant over... for now at least. I suppose I gotta go tend my pup... *eye roll*
Yay! TW post =)This is nice Ninna..EC's my fave too so we share the sentiments on how Slade (or Rosenberg) did this.
ReplyDeleteAnd hopefully you could see in in a "real theater"
I agree to everything. Wolfgirls unite! :D They better not buttfuck Eclipse as they did New moon. By the tweets of the actors its better than the previous, but they might just be watering their bread tree, so to speak...
ReplyDeleteI'm having that itch too. And a bit of inspiration. But I never get the chance to write in this household. uh...
Hehe, jag har verkligen inte fastnat för den här hajpen! Min dotter bara äääälskar Twilight-serien och hon och hennes kompisar ska gå och se Eclipse nu när de kommer till mig.. Jag sitter nästintill oförstående, men jag minns ju min crush on Patrick Swayze i Dirty Dancing och det är väl motsvarande med dottern nu. ;)
ReplyDeleteSjälv läser jag mest svenska deckare. Favoriterna är Anna Jansson och Camilla Läckberg. Att så söta tjejer kan ha så mycket våld och otäckheter inom sig.. :o *chockad*
Hoppas att allt är bra med dig och Pup! Kram från mig och Minivalpen.
Böckerna i sig är inget speciellt, jag har läst bättre vampyr böcker på liknande tema, men författarens sätt att hantera ord är fantastiskt. Jag har inte läst översättningarna till svenska, och kommer inte att göra det heller. De få citat jag läst har tappat nästan all själ som orginalspråket har... Synd!
ReplyDeleteMen min stora dragning är ju fantasy och science fiction, så tyvärr går många svenska bort. Jan Guillio (?) har skrivit några riktigt bra sf böcker.
Om inte din tös har läst dem kanske Vren-böckerna av Lotta Olivecrona skulle vara något för henne. Inte det minsta likt Twilight, men riktigt, riktigt bra (fast 3:an som kom förra året var en liten besvikelse...)
Nina, I agree with you completely! Bella and Edward is simply unhealthy. Let's hope they don't crap on EC too. Just the fact they replaced Victoria to me is already an omen that things may have become beyond commercial...
ReplyDelete