Saturday, June 12, 2010

bye bye Lunarstorm

I was going to be good, only swiftly check some threads...
Then I stumbled over a topic, talking about the wide-spread community death, mentioning Lunarstorm. I had to go see for myself, and true enough... Now I spent hours saving down the poems saved in the diary (those that weren't lost in the server crash a few years back that is) and then deleting everything before deleting my account. I prefer to control what of my pictures and writings are out there myself!
So the road has come to an end. I'm feeling nostalgic and had to image google a little...
The original look of the place when I started up my account in 2001
A close-up of the statusbar. those feet would "walk" if someone wrote in your guestbook, the heart would pound if there were friend-requests, the bottle float (on invisible waves) for mail, the pen scribble for answers on the discussion board and the light bulb light up when there was news. The satellite dish I don't remember, I think it was liked to a function I didn't use.
Then the logo changed and Bjarne disappeared.

And after that it all just went down hill in my opinion.
Still, it was my first comunity, I was drawn there by friends in chatrooms who got sick and tired of the Anna, trippel D and willing's flirting with Mr BIG Qock's...

It was a trip reading those "diary" entries. I was sincerely broken. Defected even. How I could feel so much pain and sorrow and still not realize I had to dump that no-good low-life of a boyfriend I had...

Thanks Lunar, for being my first!
Rest in Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment