Thursday, May 06, 2010

should I keep or should I give?

In the middle of my sewing session pup decided to be a lapdog. Loudly. Then he was really happy as long as the machine was running, and whined when it stopped.

I was laying the finishing touches on a little something that went into a package that we'll send tomorrow while in Sweden (because it's cheaper) so I had to get it done.

When I was done with that I decided to finish of a UFO (UnFinished Object) that's been bugging me for a few weeks. It was only the eyelets left to do, so I really don't know why I didn't get my thumb out...
I had to try it on my pram, and it looked great. The fit was perfect, but then again, I had modified the pattern from the first time, and also this has 2 more eyelets. The rings are shower curtain holders, and have the pro that depending on which way you apply them, the curtain is closer to the frame.
It gives an eerie blue light, but is not as loose woven as I would have preferred, so the air vent in the front was opened, or he would have had a literal sauna under there in the spring sun.

The keep or not to keep comes down to this:
I originally made this for someone, without their knowledge. Some stuff has happened since then, and one of the reasons it was an UFO was that it kinda lost it's recipient, so to speak. But I feel almost cheap not gifting it, even though they don't know...
And then today when walking, I'm thinking it looks mighty fine on my pram, maybe I'll keep it for myself...
What should I do?

2 comments:

  1. Kan du inte behålla den själv och kanske sy något annat fint, någon gång, till dem som eg. skulle haft den här? Jättefint på valpens vagn ju. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks gorgeous - just keep it hun.

    ReplyDelete