I unfortunately don't have any pictures from the start-line, it was kinda crowded and I was busy not running anyone down with the pram. Oh, yeah, me and pup attended a annual all girl run/walk today. It's called
Sjöjungfruloppet (Mermaid-run) and is a either 5 or 10 kilometers. Though there's always some girls with butt-ugly faces and bad wigs amongst the contestants. This year they were apparently not from a bachelor party (but instead we had a bachelorette party, and she had to hold the warm-up)
The pictures aren't great, much due to a almost constant drizzle, it was on, shoot, off, hide from the rain. We had a very loud night tonight (screaming on the top of his lungs between midnight and 2AM) so I decided that if he was nice and quiet for half the distance, he would get my medal.

Here me and Pup just split from the main stream of contestants, as we were going all the way =) The cars got in the way, just behind that black SUV was a big cluster of people.

With 6km left to go (the sign is just up that hill) I had my only moment of not wanting to go on. The picture don't show it, but part of that hill is almost vertical. I have taken of the rain cover as it's not drizzling anymore, and it kept snapping in the wind.

And then I felt much better again (50meters from the last picture came the down hill)

There were lots of pretty flowers on the sides of the track. These are wood anemones (vitsippor) and would the sun have been out they would have been fully extended to greet the shine. Still pretty though.

Half way down, and pup's still sleeping. I realize I'll have to give up my medal. Not that I care, when I was temping in daycare I gave all I had away for the children to play with =)

Here we once again join tracks with those going the shorter distance.

Another uphill. This one is not so bad, and just around the bend up there is a drink station. Now the drizzle is back, and quickly forming into drops...

We suited up again while drinking, learned that there was quite a few people behind us still, and when we came town to the sea promenade, the drizzle turned into rain. Small, but swift, drops made sure I was well moisturized. 2km left to go

Last uphill on the track, and 1km left to go.

More pretty flowers, the esplanade that runs across the city is filled with them. Crocus I think it is...

If you click the picture up big, you should be able to see the goal far off in the distance, where the tree's end.

And we made it! YAY for us, we're so great! Pup's still sleeping...

And that's how you get a shiny medal for 10 kilometers of sleeping =)
Mommy won a black Puma-cap on her start number, and we also got some oven-pancake, nom-nom

and in the end I didn't have to give up my medal, because when they heard how good my pup had been, he got his own medal =)
A bit fun I think, that his first medal ever is from an
all girl run...
Men gud vad roligt, och vad duktiga ni var båda två. Gulligt att han fick en egen medalj. :) Vemund sover hela nätterna istället så jag är glad jag med. Hmm, jag borde gå och lägga mig nu så att jag orkar med pigg valp imorgon men jag var ju bara tvungen att läsa ikapp. :) Kram!
ReplyDelete