Monday, August 31, 2009

tired... oh, so tired...

And I bet it's pup's fault!!!
I cannot sleep more than 5 hours straight (and that's tops, it usually lands at just above 4) and then I can't for all that is holy fall asleep again.
4am seems to be the magical hour, when I'm wide awake and too tired to get out of bed but can't for the life of me (and pup) snooze...

A day or two of that I can take. Or even a few (last week I blamed it on D for being too warm, but he's been at work since Tuesday...) but seriously, a week?
If this keeps up, I won't be able to stay at work much longer.
Today I've said a total of 5 words in a row, and all-in-all not even 100 of them (words that is). If you know me, you know how strange that is. I'm just not (read never) quiet.

I thought Saturday night would be my saviour, since I had all that exercise in the day, and forced myself to stay away until the staggering hour of 11pm (well, I had been awake since 3:30am, so it was a challenge). I was super confident that I would sleep straight through until the alarm would buzz at 6... Well, I was prepared for a toilet-break in the middle, but to fall asleep straight away afterwards.

HA!!!
3:30... I think I might have snoozed between 4:20 and 4:30 though...
Anyone think I was tired while walking the mile (10km) yesterday? Not so much while walking (which went fine, but slowly by the way. I was being good) but before, and after...
In the bus on the way home I was twitching as if mom had sat with a taser and repeatedly electrecuted me... Not funny! It's so embarrasing when it happens in public like that. The bed was lovely when I finally got in to it just before midnight.

You think I slept good tonight?
...
Well, NO! at 2:30 I woke up with the head-ache from hell. Took two panadol (2x500gr) and actually fell asleep again. Impressive.
I was less impressed when I woke up at 4:30 and it was still there, not reduced at all... I resorted to some "drastic" measures (though not endagering pup) and re-set the alarm from 6 to 6:45. When I woke up the headache was gone, but it felt like I hadn't slept at all.
It seriously felt like "Did someone get the furr-color of the werewolf who just ran over me?"

3 comments:

  1. Do you take naps at all during the day...if not you might wanna try quick lil 5-10 minute naps...you may be OVER tired with all the running around lately!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't do it at work, and I'm all awake when I come home... Just energy-less...

    Maybe I should curl up under a machine tomorrow for a nap at lunch =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alltså jag sov pissdåligt sista två månaderna då jag vänta Aron! Myycket vanligt. Helt sjukt, sov dåligt hela graviditeten, blev bara värre. Sista natten innan vattnet gick tänkte jag just på det du skrev förut.. Plocka ut ungen själv. Man blir såå trött på att va trött, men man fixar det ändå. Hang in there! Att sova en stund på dagen kommer du säkert att uppskatta sen när du går på ledigt, man orkar ju inte annars.
    Kramar Andréa

    ReplyDelete