Yesterday was pleasant.
We made plans with D's friend JM in the spring that we would take a weekend and go out to his family's cottage on a small island in Föglö. Since D's been working the way he has, and all the things that has piled up when he's been home, we still haven't made it out there. So, along comes this weekend. Both boys have the weekend off. We have nothing planned. Well, why not...
Of course, JM's parents were having a crayfish/crawfish party (kräftskiva) on Saturday, and even though we had planned to be there Friday night, it didn't suit them. *sigh*
So, change of plans. The boys decided that we'd just have a nice, really nice dinner together. All said and done, when I got home from work Friday, they went shopping. I stayed home, took a shower and just relaxed =)
Me and D took a turn out to mom's, measuring the crib and getting our minds on the same track for how to heighten it. Also showed mom the car-seat on the blog. She loved the blue color, surprise surprise...
So yesterday was sleeping in and taking it easy. D did the dishes and I folded a mountain of laundry (I know I said I'd do it earlier this week, but I fell asleep...), meaning our home is again somewhat presentable.
Around 3ish we went to JM's place and just hung out for a while, the boys tasting an expensive whiskey (they tested a few sorts through out the night, since both are whiskey-geeks) before deciding it was time to start cooking. I was placed in front of the TV with a movie. I had plans on reading and writing in New Moon (by the way, I got a package from Lily-my-love last Thursday, it was the book, a CD and 3 bags of Skittles...) but ended up just dozing off. I got to do an emergency run in the middle of it all, since the boys had forgot one thing and I was the only one fit to drive. No problem.
Dinner was as followed:
Starter: fried goat cheese (can't for the love of pup remember what that specific cheese is called, but it's common) with some ruccola, balm vinegar and pine seeds
Main course: roasted fillet of beef with root vegetables cooked in the same pan in the oven with home made garlic butter (this was my emergency, they realized they had no garlic and no butter...)
Dessert: orange-rice (oranges in pieces, boiled rice and whipped cream)
I wasn't the only one feeling preggers when dinner was over... =)
We had some fun, watching a classic movie (Robin Hood: Men in Tights) and then youtube'ing. The night ended at Dino's, I even tagged along for a coke. Lots of foreign people there, and well, I got tired so I went home at about 1:30. D stayed and came home little after 4, so he stayed till they closed. He still haven't woken up, so I don't know what the boys did the rest of the night, but I hope they had fun. He was quite drunk, so I'll let him sleep until noon.
We're going out to his parents today, checking out the old pram =) Father-in-law have been renovating it some, well needed since the brake was broken and some of the panels were coming off. He called the other day saying it was fixed, so I'm excited! I promise, I'll bring the camera!
De låter som en nice helg de där! Du menar säkert chevre´ ost eller mozarella?! Så jäkla god o fräsch förrätt iallafall!
ReplyDeleteAndréa
chevré var det =)
ReplyDeleteFast jag får vänta tills imorgon med att se gamla vagnen, någon vaknade och är absolut inte i skick att fara någonstans (nej vaddå skadeglad...) och jag ids inte fara ensam. Men imorgon efter jobb ska vi dit istället.