Saturday, August 08, 2009

meeting people...

Today was a busy day, socially speaking at least.

M called, asking if I'd join her and her princesses in slipper-hunting (requirement: butterflies and LOTS of sparkle...) and the accompany them to the beach. I figured, sure, I haven't been to the beach all summer.
All said and done, I started cleaning up the living room. Not so much cleaning up really, just stowing away. And mainly taking down the two racks of dry laundry, which I dumped on the bed to be folded later. The on to the kitchen, there were some dishes left from the week, so I cleaned that up. I was done just in time to hit the town =)

After a little over two hours, I was back again, having roasted in the sun on a hot beach, talking about nothing really while we watched the girls swim and play in the pirate-ship. Also had home-made Italian ice cream. Really, really good! The smallest princess did find appropriate slippers, though they were off-white (shiny though) with a orange flower and some amber stones.

Well back home at 3pm, my mom called and we decided to go out to Bomarsund for the market/festival there. It would be open till 5 and well, we didn't really go for a bigger reason then to support their effort anyway. Had some coffee (mom), Åland-pancake (me) and then some "Ledholmare" (herring-burger) before heading on home. On the way, mom wondered if I'd be OK with going to see Elis, her first father-in-law. I was fine with it, he's a lovely man, completely clear in the head at the age of 97 and he loves when people come to see him. Turned out his granddaughter was there with her family, and she invited us down to her parents summerhouse for dinner. We tried to decline but was told that then we could just come along and talk =) We ate some (but not so much, herring-burgers still filling the tummy's) and it all tasted great! After dinner we started on home, but only got to the neighbouring cottage, and the next set of siblings. Of course we had to stop there too, and had some coffee and checked out the newly built cottage.
All in all very pleasant, but it was half past 9 when I got home, and then I had mom up to show her the mommy-box that we got yesterday, so it was almost 10 before she left.

And I still have the bed full of three batches of laundry needing to be folded...

No comments:

Post a Comment