Saturday, June 13, 2009

so much love...

Seriously, thanks for all the love I have received as comments, e-mails and posts after my last post here. Like Becca said, I'm hard scaled with a soft inside. I don't particularly like being vulnerable, and for some reason, pup has made my soft spots multiply like crazy.
I wish I could have told that fat hog to butt out, but I just couldn't. And that description really is accurate, and I think that is the main reason she cannot phantom how I cannot get enough exercise from 1-2 hour walks every other day.
I spoke to mom about it, and it turned out, she don't like this nurse either. Funny, my overall experience was that most people liked her. Now, I don't like her as a person, and not how she handles her profession. I feel no support from her, and will rather turn to the net with my questions. Not that I generally have had much luck with that, I ask too strange questions =)

So, to lighten up the mood, I promised a funny episode from shopping. First though, I'd like a moment to appreciate pup and all the benefits of a bump. I wore a striped halter-top, that really boosts the bump, and well, I kinda let it out. I don't do that at home, 'cos I look about 2 more month along if I do. But everywhere I walked, people would let me pass, everyone was friendly, the guy at the food service offered me more food than the portioned bits that were cut up and so on. And have that evil nurse, we walked the streets of Stockholm for 6 hours (OK, so we stopped a lot, to try on things and once to eat, but still) and I wasn't even tired. Seriously! OK, I was tired, but that was all in my head. My legs, my back, my muscles all felt fine.

So, to the funny thing. First shopping stop was Carlings, a trendy stor which mostly carry mens wear. D had told me to go there and buy myself a hoodie and stop stealing his... But it's so nice... It's a thin college fabric, the un-fluffy kind, and long, so it (usually) covers my butt. The only wrong is the color, it's gray and orange striped. So not my colors, but he loves it.
I couldn't find anything quite like it, well, one in the female section, size S... and it fit! It was supposed to be oversized, duh, and now I need to remove the pockets because they are horrendous! And I bought a black hoodie with a loose checkered pattern of white and red 'chains'.
When I came home I showed it to D and asked what he thought about it:
D: It looks good, really nice!
Me: Good, 'cos I'm making a trade! You get this for the one I keep stealing.
D: OK *laugh*

I love him!

Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, and after some thinking decided that there would be no clubbing last night. I was a good girl and in bed before 11. Did me no good, today I also have a cough! But I think there will be clubbing tonight any way. I need to move my fat butt a little, and there is no more fun exercise than dancing.

I'm getting so frustrated about there being no mama-exercise available during summer that I'm even (loosely) considering going to the newspapers, they don't have anything better to write about anyway, and see if an article there would lead to something. I mean, I could lead a mama-group, I'm fairly sure of it, I've herded unruly sheep (aka humans) before, but then I wouldn't get the exercise I need... If I could only find participants and a leader/coach I know the location wouldn't be a problem, we have a whole freaking dojo that is not in use over the summer. Sure, they're prepping for the Natwest Island Games right now, but still, they don't train constantly. But I don't know... I just don't know.

I had a bunch more to write, since it's been a few days, but E just called and asked if I wanted to join her downtown (like we had one, and I don't live there already) for ice cream. I never say no to ice cream. But first I need to hang the second batch of laundry for the day, first went in at 6 am, then I went back to sleep =)

OH! and on the topic of the upcoming games, I'm appointed "head of security" for the Judo competitions... Lovely, well, I guess I know how stuff works, and it don't mean any extra work for me, so it's OK, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment