We saw the pup yesterday, so this whole post will be puppy-talk...
First we were being all well mannered pup and really showing ourselves to the doctor. Having our heart in the exact right spot for him to see perfectly... All clear on the heart, as far as he could see now. The to measurements. The pup (and yes, there were only ONE!) still was on best behavior and stayed still so that the Dr could get good pictures to measure. All good so far. Then we got to see the results, which said that baby was due October 31st. OK. But... then all the results were gone. Freaking disappeared into the computer... And to the good doctors defence I just wanna say this:
There wasn't a panel on bridge of Enterprise in the latest movie that had a that advanced control panel as the ultrasound machine... Seriously, I think you could launch a missile with it without much modification.
So he had to measure it all again... Not that we minded, it meant more time watching our little pup in action. And now there were action. Just like daddy, we play nice when we have to, but if some one screws up, we get cranky... The legs were pumping and kicking, the fists were flying, really trying to fight off whatever it was that just wouldn't stop bothering shim. The new measuring resulted in a due date of November 4th, so I think I'll keep rolling with the original 1st, since it doesn't really matter.
And just like daddy, when the time came to smile for the camera, for the picture mom and dad got to bring home, we refused to play along. Previously pup had arched nicely, showing a perfect silhouette, with the spine and all, that classic ultrasound picture you know. Now we refused to keep our body parts together enough to be in the picture... In the end we got a frontal shot, it was the best we could get, and well, all I can say is that there's no doubt this is daddy's pup...

Also, the tummy is beginning to pout some, but not much. I am however keeping my tummy tucked in, like always, it's the only way I know how to do it. I was always drilled in the mantra "back straight, tummy in and chest out" and I just cannot sag, even now, without it being incredibly uncomfortable.
And as far as party clothes goes, I can still use some of my old ones. This I wore last Saturday to my smallest cousins party. She Graduated our equivalent to high school. I told you, I don't look preggie, I just look chunky... By the way, picture taken on mom's back porch.
Ok I really dont know what all this stuff says...so hopefully I can post this...but yay! baby's first pic!!!!! (and you don't look chunky...you do look preggers...hello just look at the girls!) Yay! So excited!!
ReplyDeleteAh, yeah... the girls... they thought it was great fun squeezing each other in that plunge, I can tell you... I mean, seriously, how freakishly humongous are they going to get when the baby is out and the milk comes along?
ReplyDeletePup pic!!! OMG, squee!!!!! *jumps up and down all excited*
ReplyDeleteAnd I too was enamoured of your ginormous gozoonks in your outfit ;) definately deflected any thoughts of chunky hehe
<3 ya!