Saturday, January 08, 2011

Stokke Tripp Trapp

Pup's grandma started talking about them needing to change their high-chair, because pup's rocking it to bits and pieces. Which is true. That made me thing that it wouldn't be a very bad idea for us to get one too, the Ikea Antiloop chair that's been great won't last him that much longer, chubby as he is. And I remember loving my Stokke when I was little, I think I used it until I started Kindergarten or something

Mother in law talked about buying a new one, so I checked out the prices... 169€ for the chair, then an additional 35€ for the bar and strap (it also included a back support and something for the feet) and probably the same for the cushions

So I placed an add in the newspaper for a used one. The result:

  
 The first one answering had a chair for 40€, but the strap was missing. It didn't bother me, the ones I remember seeing before in the paper was between 80€ and 120€ so I figured it'd be pretty crappy, but for that price I'd be willing to sand it down and repaint it.Turned out, it looked great. I'm happy.
The cushion I bought for a  few € at a flea market a while back, to have at mom's as backup in case pup messed up the one she have..

 Second to call had a well preserved chair for 70€. First I was "eew, that much..." then I had to laugh at myself, prior to buying #1 I would have thought this was a find =) So I took it. Funny thing is, it's well used, and being a darker color it shows easier, so as far as looks go, this one looks worse than the chair that cost half as much... Oh well, it's still 2 chairs for 110€, which is what some people want for one chair.
The cushion I made myself, last night and this morning.

These pictures I took with the alpha today, to please the crowds who's been begging for an update ;) (aka Misty)
I forgot the ixus at mom's place, so when I retrieve it I'll treat you to a really cool image of all three chairs (mine, the new one and the in law's) standing on a row. It was a pretty awesome sight

6 comments:

  1. Yay! An update! I really wish I had your sewing skills!! I used to know how to do that stuff...but havent done it in about...oh...20 years (yikes!) I cant remember how to use a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you just skiddeli-hopp yourself over here and I'll revive those memories for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...I can just see it..."Honey, I'll be right back, I'm going to sewing lessons"
    "Where are you taking them"
    "Um...Ninna's?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh should have read this one first... now I know how you got three chairs!! lol

    ReplyDelete