Monday, July 26, 2010

we're alright

pup seems totally unaffected by yesterdays trauma, jumping, gnuffing, whining, eating and so on, just as usual. I'm feeling more and more adamant that he must have landed on his tushie, and then just toppled over as I looked there.

Not to say it didn't scare me, the memory is disturbingly cloudy though, as if it happened in a dream. I think I was still a bit groggy from the afternoon nap...

The details I remember crystal clear, but that seeing him thump his head down (without any sound though, another indicator that the fall and following topple might not have been very hard) is becoming more and more dreamlike everytime I think of it. Maybe a defense-mechanism of the mind?

After finally gathering all my guts I braved the bathroom, only to face silence. It's been quiet this morning as well, still I don't know, the other bird obviously didn't make sound all the time either, since for the 1½-3 days it was in there, hubs didn't hear it once. Mom's coming with a net and gloves when she gets of work today, 'cos I'm not attempting to remove it when I'm home alone with pup.

1 comment:

  1. Fy så obehagligt att Linus for i golv! Mardrömsscenario! O vilken tur att det gick bra, det gör ju oftast de. Föräldrarna kan ju dock bli lite chockskadade.. Jag använder knappt skötbordet längre jag. Samma med Aron, jag sluta använda det tidigt. De blir så sprattliga och det tar två sekunder så är de i golv.

    Kramar till er!/ Andréa

    ReplyDelete