Oh well, I have some new pictures, in case you're interested...
beginning Wednesday last week (continuing until Saturday night) was the Maritime Days at the Maritime Quarter in town. Always tons of people there, artists playing, food stands and so on. I usually don't go, unless someone really wants me to join, but this year we were there 3 out of 4 nights. Because pup just wouldn't sleep indoors. Well, the last two he didn't sleep outdoors either, but it was worth a shot, and he didn't scream while we were outside amongst people.
Of course he wore protective headphones, they usually have quite the sound level there, this year it was a tad bit better though.
Pup's begun eating a bit chunkier food. Here spaghetti with mincemeat sauce. Very fun to spit out and gue with...
There's a ton of flea markets going on right now, everywhere. Last Saturday I attended the same one as I was selling at the previous weekend, and found this. A carry-cot/bassinet for a pram like mine, only older (different mounting systems) filled with "pram clothes" for only 5€
I bought it, I saw it before and had to think about it. I mean, I really don't need another bassinet, but 5€ for pram cloth? It's a find and a bargain and even a steal! The only thing I wished had been there was the canopy skeleton, because I haven't been able to dis-assemble my own even though I've really tried. They said I could have it too. =)
The reason I want new gears on my pram is that it's so freaking black when you put the footsack on (as we will in the fall) and also because as "rare" as the color Strike is, one in my mommy group, and one in the baby-swim class has the exact same (but on a smaller pram, the City Cross) and another in the mommy group has the same color minus the orange stripes. And two people from work has that color too. I see "my" color everywhere and it's so boring.
Edit:: Pictures removed due to lack of space
I am however liking this bassinet's bugg cover much more than my new one which comes out of the canopy. Because it doesn't really work good when the seat is on, meaning I probably need to use an external one anyway. Gonna see if this bassinet fits on my chassi (I saw some signs that it might) but have no high hopes. But I'm thinking maybe we can unscrew stuff and change the dressing that way... We'll see about that.
When we came home I (again) heard an distinct scratching on the closed air vent in the little bathroom. Asked D if he heard it too, and sure enough. Felt a bit bad since I know I heard it Saturday too, and maybe even Friday, but forgot to say anything to him.
He opened the vent while I was trying to put a howling pup to sleep, and there was a jackdaw in there... Long story short, he got it out and coaxed it out from the balcony without being bitten or scratched at all. I'm glad he was home. If I had been alone I probably could have done it myself, but knowing myself I feel it in my gut that I would have been both bitten and scratched, and then have to spend my night in the ER to get shots and other nasty stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment