Monday, April 11, 2011

the sofa-transformation

This is what it looked like when I brought it home, albeit a bit grimier, I did wash the dressing while the sofa itself was still down in the garage. One of the seat cushions was missing it's cover.

To protect the uncovered cushion, and to hide all the unattractive stains on the very light fabric (stains as in someone had had drinks in the sofa and spilled) I used a bed set we have.

This weekend me, mum and pup has made a new cushion-cover from an IKEA armchair upholstery =) Unfortunately it was bright white, but at least the material was the same.

We had to do some patching though, because the cushions are insanely big. And because I ripped the fabric...

And after all the coloring was done. The new seat didn't get the same color, much due to it not being as worn and used as the rest, I figure we'll use it like this for a while, and then try coloring it again.

This picture shows the difference better, it's not really much more creased than the other cushion, but the dye has made almost a batik-pattern on it.  And the under thread was apparently syntetic and shows, but still, it's way better than before =)

And then finally with all the new IKEA pillows and stuff. Looks pretty good to me =)

4 comments:

  1. OK, so the part on the actual couch was just a cover? I was shocked when I saw it dyed a dieffernt color lol! Is the color brown or purple I can't really tell...You did an amazing job...you're so talented and crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it's all removable, quite convenient =)
    It's brown, the color is a bit darker/richer in room lighting, but I took the pictures whilst the sun was shining in.
    Thank you *blushes* mum did the most though, it's sewn on her overlock machine, and me and that thing just don't get along... at all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vad duktiga ni är måste jag säga!Det är ju sjukt mycket arbete med att fixa det där! Fattar inte att ni orkar,bra jobbat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fint! Vad ambitiös du är. Jag hade en gammal soffa som skulle behövt nya kuddöverdrag, men orka. Sonen fick den som "tonårssoffa" och nu är den döööd. ;) Ska iaf försöka sparka mig i baken och sy nytt överdrag till vår familjesoffa - nångång. :D KRAM!

    ReplyDelete