It's been another howling-day.
Only difference from last time was that today I knew why. Pup's a little constipated, poor thing. Or constipated might not be the right word, but his diarrhea has dried up and I would say that he's fairly normal. Pooping every 2-3 days, not very much. But for him it's a huge difference, now he has to work it out, and he never had to do that before. I think it's very uncomfortable for him, and I think it hurts too since again tonight he screamed so much that he resisted food.
And then I made it worse... Someone said to put "messmör" in the bottle, but I don't have that, so I figured, maybe some plum-puree would work just as well. Said and done. And pup started eating and refused the bottle. And refused and refused. I went and gave him a painkiller and he still refused it. Then I checked the bottle. Plum-residue that wasn't tiny enough was blocking the hole in the teat. So I poured it out ad made new, and since I'm so bright, I put in pear-puree this time, since that was so runny it was like water. Same result, and a very, very unhappy puppy.
So I remembered having one pack of ready formula in the nursing bag (I had just boiled up water, but it takes forever to cool) but stupid as I am, I mixed in some of the "pear-formula" to heat it. Same result all again.
Then I came to my senses and poured it all out and mixed new formula for him. Can you even imagine how relived my poor pup was when there finally came food when he suckled the bottle?
Just to point out, my actions didn't seem this stupid whilst I was doing them (over and over again...) I just wanted to give him something to move his tummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment