Monday, May 16, 2011

so he wears a helmet

Yup, the result of seeing the kid-psychologists were pup should wear a padded helmet so everyone can just ignore him during his tantrums, and then acknowledge him when he behaves good.
I suppose I've been on the right track then, laying him down on his back and then letting him have it out.

Both psychologists there were convinced he had no Autism or such disorders, which neither me nor hubs thought, what daycare have deluded themselves to think I don't know.
However we'll get a mini-cope class next week (cope apparently being something used on kids acting out, small kids ages 3-6 years, and then one class for kids older) just the two of us, and they'd go to daycare to observe before giving recommendations there.

I felt comfortable with about everything they said, they seemed to be thinking the same way we do, only they have so much more knowledge on how to handle stuff.
I also loved how they tried to focus on what could be done better, or differently (to try and see if it would work) instead of just going over the problem until the end of days...
Need I say both me and hubs sensed the headmistress not being too pleased with the meeting? We could be wrong, but still, that was what she emitted. And she was being almost provocative towards hubs today when he picked up pup. I seriously don't understand what her problem is. Oh well, it will be interesting to see what the "investigation" shows, and what will happen next.

2 comments:

  1. You know, when the two older boys were younger they never threw tantrums, so the first time G did it I was sooo out of my element! I ended up doing exactly what you did...leaving him alone in his room and letting him have it out. He grew out of it pretty quickly and I hope pup does too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The norm is that they grow out of them, but since these have been going on for so long, half a year now, with bad tantrums daily, we need help =)

    ReplyDelete