Wednesday, January 27, 2010

snowstorm, x-mas gift and wacky doctor

It's begun...
No major winds yet but the snow have started falling a bit more rapidly and it's the kind of "dry" light snow that easily blows around, so I'm a bit curious to see how high the drifts are tomorrow when we wake up.
For those not from around here, we're expecting the worst snowstorm in a long time.
I'm a bit concerned about the electric, since there's always black-outs during storms here. Not for food, we'll manage and pup'll just have to do with what mommy got. As for washing him we got some wet-wipes in the Libero giftbag we received on his first check-up.
No my concern involves how we'll see what we do when it's breast feeding time. Pup sucks alright, but if I don't steer he'll suck onto wherever he reaches and that hurts as hell!

I was out a brief moment when I went to collect this years x-mas gift from my employer. We got running shoes... But I guess they'll be good for aerobics or something.They don't look all that bad, and they sure beat any indoors shoes I own. Especially since the indoor sports I do are both barefoot, one in water and one on tatami. They were also personal, so there was no way for me to give the certificate to D instead, though he could really have used a pair of running shoes. He would even have used them for their intended purpose.

The doctor who did my check up 2 weeks ago called me to day (phone appointment) and he could see no reason why I couldn't be in water... He even gave me a few tips on how to prevent my mucus membranes from dehydrating even more (and thus becoming more brittle) and such.
Why couldn't he just have told me that 2 weeks ago when I begged him for that kind of information?

3 comments:

  1. Det låter ju kanon att du kan få komma igång med vattengympa/babysim trots allt! Hoppas det går fint! KRAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because doctors are rubbish! Unless their name is Carlise or "The" :)

    Let us know what Pup thinks of the white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's already discovered snow, he wrinkled his nose in the cutest way when we were walking to meet his dad last year (how long ago that seems) and a flake landed on his little face.

    ReplyDelete