Thursday, March 04, 2010

How to make a scud-holder, I mean pacifier-holder

Hur man gör en napphållare:

1
You need something to attach it to the child's clothes, this particular clip came with some reflector-tags I bought, and band. I've used that kind that comes with clothes to attach them to the hanger (I can't stand them and cut them off as soon as I get home)

Du behöver något att fästa i barnets kläder, denna kommer från en reflex-förpackning från början, samt band. Jag har använt dem som är på kläder för att hålla dem på galgen (jag avskyr dem och klipper bort dem så fort som jag kommer hem)

2
Attach the band to the clip, I did it by hand, be impressed. Then make a loop at the bottom, just big enough to let the clip pass through (this one is extra big just to show) and sew it together. Fraying is best prevented by double-folding the band before stitching it down. Also, make sure that the finished band, from clip to end of loop, is not too long, that can be dangerous for the baby. I've made mine about 15 cm, after measuring the ones I've bought in the store.

Fäst bandet vid klämman, jag sydde för hand, vilket förvånade till och med mig själv. Sen gör du en ögla i andra ändan på bandet, bara tillräckligt stor för klämman att passera igenom (denna är extra stor för att det ska synnas) och syr fast den med. Bästa sättet att förhindra fransning är att dubbelvika ändarna innan man syr fast. Dessutom, försäkra dig om att det färdiga bandet, från kläm-fästet till slutet på öglan, inte är för långt, det kan vara farligt för barnet. Jag har gjort mina ca 15 cm efter att ha mätt de jag köpt i butiken.

3
Thread the loop through either the ring or the ventilation holes of the pacifier, then thread the clip through the loop and tighten. Attach the clip to the baby's clothing and you're good to go.

Trä öglan genom antingen ringen eller ventilationshålen på nappen, trä sedan klämman genom öglan och spänn åt. Fäst klämman i barnets kläder och du är färdig.


I promised you pictures of the hammock, and here it is.

All you do is thread it through the bars until you're at the middle and make a knot. Then you stretch it diagonally across the bed and tie it there with another knot. For safety, tie the loose ends in yet another knot around the corner bar. You might have to redo this once you've tried it with the baby inside, the knot usually isn't as tight as one believes, giving that the bottom touches the mattress, unless you have the floor of the bed lower down of course.

My pup was very happy and slept really good coverd in his puke-rag and his bunny, this wrap don't leave much room for a blanket or anything, but he didn't seem cold at all when I picked him up.
I advice you to stop using a hammock once the baby starts to try and get out of it on his/her own. And to have it as close to the bottom of the bed as possible just for safety. This one do not tip over willingly I noticed when trying to grab pup while still laying in my bed (orange sheet) and that's comforting. It swings really well too.

2 comments:

  1. Dina napphållare blev ju jättefina också. De där klämmorna känner jag inte igen.. Är det en åländsk grej? ;-) Fint det blev med hammocken också!! Du är så DUKTIG!! Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =)
    Nej, klämmorna är inte åländska, de har följt med reflexer jag köpt till barnvagnen, men jag föredrar säkerhetsnål så dehar blivit över. Tycker MAMs är bra, men så stora klämmor.

    Blev riktigt nöjd med hängmattan jo

    ReplyDelete